Fluke 1587 Insulation Multimeter, LCD Display, 2 Gigaohms Insulation Resistance, Up to 1000V Insulation Test Voltage
Mega Sale! Free Shipping Included! Save 28% on the Fluke 1587 Insulation Multimeter, LCD Display, 2 Gigaohms Insulation Resistance, Up to 1000V Insulation Test Voltage by Fluke at GC Lib. MPN: Fluke 1587. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Fluke 1587 digital insulation multimeter (also known as a multitester) is a true RMS, auto- and manual-ranging meter insulation resistance,
The Fluke 1587 digital insulation multimeter (also known as a multitester) is a true RMS, auto- and manual-ranging meter insulation resistance, current, voltage, and resistance for testing line insulation on motors, generators, cables, and switch gear. The insulation test voltages of 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000V measure resistance from 0.01 megohms to 2 gigohms. The meter also measures capacitance, frequency, and resistance. Temperature is measured using a K-type thermocouple (included). A diode test detects correct functioning of a circuit's diodes. A low-pass filter provides accurate AC voltage and AC frequency measurements on inverters and variable-frequency motor drives by blocking unwanted voltages. Live circuit detection increases user safety by preventing insulation tests when voltages exceed 30 volts, and auto-discharge of capacitive voltage increases user protection. An audible continuity sensor confirms a circuit conducts electricity. The LCD is backlit for readability in low light. A Hold function freezes the reading on the display. An alarm sounds when the test leads are connected to the wrong jack for the measurement being taken. The unit automatically turns off after 20 minutes of nonuse to conserve battery life or can be disabled for extended readings, and a low-battery indicator signals when the meter's batteries need to be replaced. The meter included a set of detachable test leads, a remote probe, alligator clips, a hard case, and instructions.
This true RMS (root mean square) meter provides accurate readings when measuring linear loads, such as standard induction motors and incandescent lights, where the current or voltage has an undistorted waveform, or nonlinear loads, such as electronic devices or motors, where the current or voltage has a distorted waveform. When turned on, the meter is in auto-ranging mode and automatically selects the correct operating range for the property being measured. It can be switched to manual-ranging mode, which allows the operator to choose the appropriate operating range. The display has a 6,000-count resolution, meaning it can display up to 5,999 units (3-3/4 digits) before the operating range needs to be changed. It meets International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) safety standard 61010 and is certified Category III installations up to 1000V, which covers items used with enclosed building circuit installations (such as service panel parts, branch circuits, and fixed installations that are connected directly to a building's AC power supply), Category IV installations up to 600V, which covers equipment at the origin of the installation (such as electricity meters and primary over-current protection equipment), and Pollution Degree 2 for indoor use.
|Insulation test voltages||50V, 100V, 250V, 500V, 1000V|
|Insulation measurement range||0.01 megaohms to 2 gigohms|
|Maximum AC and DC voltage measurement||1000V|
|Maximum AC and DC current measured||60 milliamp|
|Resistance||0.1 ohms to 50 megaohms|
|Temperature probe and range||K-type thermocouple -40 to +537 degrees C/-40 to +998 degrees F|
|Maximum capacitance||9999 microfarads|
|Power supply||4 AA batteries (NEDA 15A or IEC LR6)|
|Safety ratings||Ingress Protection (IP)-40; European Conformity (CE); Underwriter's Laboratory (UL) 61010-1; ANSI/ISA S82.01-2004; Canadian Standards Association (CAN/CSA) C22.2 No. 1010.1:2004; International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) safety standards IEC61557-1; IEC61557-2; IEC 61010-1:1002, IEC 61010.1-04, and IEC/EN 61010-1, 2nd edition for Category III installations up to 1000V and Category IV installations up to 600V, and Pollution Degree 2|
|Dimensions||1.97 x 3.94 x 8.00 inches/5.0 x 10.0 x 20.3cm (H x W x D)|
H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Multimeters are electrical test meters that measure multiple properties of an electrical circuit, such as current, voltage, resistance, capacitance, and continuity. Available in handheld or benchtop models, multimeters diagnose electrical problems in electrical equipment, wiring, and power supplies. A variety of probes, clamps, and leads can be used to connect the meter to a circuit or device. Multimeters display information either in analog or digital form. Factors that influence meter choice include the electrical properties to be measured, the anticipated range of results, and the desired level of protection against transient voltage. Safety ratings are based on International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards for low-voltage test equipment. IEC 61010 delineates four overvoltage installation categories. In general, a meter with a category IV rating will provide more protection against transient voltages than a meter with a lower category rating.
Fluke Corporation manufactures electrical testing tools and software for industrial and commercial applications. The company, founded in 1948, is headquartered in Everett, WA.
What's in the Box?
- Fluke 1587 digital insulation multimeter
- K-type thermocouple
- Remote probe
- Test leads (red and black)
- Alligator clips (red and black)
- (4) AA alkaline batteries
- Hard case
Features & Highlights
- Manual- and auto-ranging digital insulation multimeter measures insulation resistance, current, voltage, capacitance, frequency, resistance, and temperature, and performs diode tests for testing line insulation on motors, generators, cables, and switch gear
- True RMS meter provides accurate readings when measuring linear or nonlinear loads where the current or voltage has an undistorted or distorted waveform
- Insulation test voltages of 50, 100, 250, 500, and 1000V and insulation measurement range of 0.01 megohms to 2 gigohms
- Low-pass filter blocks unwanted voltages when measuring AC voltage and AC frequency to provide accurate measurements on inverters and variable-frequency motor drives
- Ingress Protection certified IP40; European Conformity (CE) marking; UL 61010-1; ANSI/ISA S82.01-2004; CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1:2004; IEC safety standards 61010-1:1002 and 61010.1-04, IEC61557-1; IEC61557-2; and IEC/EN 61010-1, 2nd edition for Category III installations up to 1000V and Category IV installations up to 600V, and Pollution Degree 2
- Insulation test voltages 50 volts; 100 volts; 250 volts; 500 volts; 1,000 volts
- Live circuit detection prevents insulation test if voltage of more than 30 volts is detected
- Auto-discharge of capacitive voltage for added user protection
- AC/DC voltage, DC milliVolts, AC/DC milliamps, resistance, continuity
- Testing for capacitance, diode, temperature, min/max, and frequency
|Part Number:||Fluke 1587|
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0 x 0 x 0 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||11.5 x 4.1 x 4.1 inches|